5.24.2008

big melon




So I admit it, I have never been a huge fan of Summer. I'm super wimpy when it comes to heat. But this year, summer seems rather enticing to my heart. I don't really know why. Okay, yeah yeah....we ARE having a BABY this summer....maybe that's it :) But for some reason, I am in LOVE with the idea of grilled food (STEAK!!!!), corn on the cob, macaroni salad....and more than anything....the one thing you can't really get (at least not a good one) any other season of the year, WATERMELON! Oh man. It is amazing. At first I was frustrated when I discovered my husband doesn't like it. But it turns out that it's so awesome that he doesn't! I can go to the refrigerator and dig my fork right into the middle of the best part and he doesn't care! I could go on and on about watermelon, my intimidation with picking the right one, the constant temptation to buy pre-sliced because it offers more guarantee for a higher price, etc. But I won't. I'll just let you know that I am watermelon-logged. And I love it. I just ate 1/2 of a watermelon. I kid you not.


Speaking of melon...here's me and my lil' melon in the cute, knit, maternity dress I got on sale at Old Navy today (plus a couple shirts/tank tops). I love this dress and want to live the rest of the summer in it. Almost 31 weeks!






Oh...and GO RED WINGS! They just won the first game in their challenge against the Pittsburgh Penguins, for the Stanley Cup.






0 comments:

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting