5.06.2008

hypochondriac? possibly

103

That's my blood glucose score. The doctor's office said they would only call if there were abnormal results, so I shouldn't have been worrying when I DIDN'T hear from them. But folks, this is how I work: if I take any test for anything, I already basically assume I have the worst outcome. So I have pretty much been worried that I've got gestational diabetes. Not a HUGE deal but I really wanted to be able to eat some cookies or whatever during the pregnancy. So, I had to call the nurse advice line ask them to tell me my results. "No big deal, you're blood glucose was 103, a little low...but it's okay." At first I was relieved. Then the little things like, "a little low" worried me. I almost called again but decided to just check online. For all I knew, low COULD mean bad. Thankfully it doesn't. I guess if my score were 130 or higher I'd have to retest to see if I have it.

BUT I DON'T HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES! yay! Don't worry, I am not going to rob doughnuts from a bakery now. I'll be in control (I'm leaving my rice krispy treats at work).

So that's my good news for the day :)

3 comments:

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

hey you. One of my fave midwives (pam, she lives in Salem, Ore) was just interviewed for this birth blog and here is a quote that I loved and thought you would like to hear:
"Don't overthink birth. It's not a final test that you cram for. What you need to know to birth is what you already have inside you and no amount of breathing patterns or practicing relaxation can change that inner knowledge. Listen to your body and work on gaining back the intuition that so many of us are taught to ignore. Our biggest job when pregnant is reversing the brainwashed ideas and lies about pregnancy, birth and mothering."

you can read the whole interview here if you want: http://birthspool.blogspot.com/2008/04/birth-spool-interview-pamela-hines.html

katieoz said...

it's so hard for me not to overthink everything. that's not a way of saying i'm a braniac, but rather, I am quite neurotic. my mom has kind of said that same thing to me, about not overthinking things and not worrying so much. But it's true. It's hard to fight one's nature :)

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

Dude, I know what you mean. For me it's this thing like: If I think through things HARD enough then I'll have some sort of control over them. It totally comes down to this need to have control.

Seriously you should read that interview (the link is on my blog). *She* is the kind of midwife that I want to be. I reeeeally wish I could apprentice with her or something.

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting