7.29.2008

ooooh motherly worries....AND JOYS!

I am so excited to announce that my friend and co-worker, Kate, just had her baby!!!! It's kind of funny because when I found out I was pregnant (Sunday evening of November 18) and totally freaked out I went to work the next day and just could not focus on anything. I was walking out to the parking garage with Kate after a whole day of work and those of you who know me could probably imagine that I was just bubbling over with the craziness of my pregnancy secret.

Well, I bubbled my secret over to Kate. I had to tell someone. I was scared, excited, unsure, anxious and a million other things. Little did I know (until 13 weeks later) that Kate had also just found out SHE TOO was pregnant! So we've kind of shared this journey together. And yesterday I got a text message from her that she was going into labor! This morning I got the text from her that she had a darling and wonderful little boy!!!!! I just feel soooooo glad and so relieved and overjoyed for her to have had a successful birth and now a wonderful little baby to take care of! I can't wait to meet little Mitchell!

Now, if my body could just get moving and get this sweet Claire out, I could probably go visit Kate and her family in a hospital room near our own! Nevertheless, these things happen when they're suppose to. It's so difficult not to succumb to some worry though. Last night I did start crying a bit because I think I imagined that Claire was moving much much less and I began to worry that we've come this far but there are all sorts of things wrong and that's why she hasn't come yet. But common sense came knocking to remind me that yesterday was only the due date and it's pretty normal to go over. Plus, Claire apparently woke up and kicked for a LONG time :) That helped me breathe a little easier.

I just really really really want to hold my little baby and see with my very eyes that she is okay. To know that Kate can look at her baby right now and see that he is beautiful and healthy fills me with relief for her. I am so excited for it to be our turn!

6 comments:

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

Dude it's totally normal to go to 42 and even 43 weeks with the wee one still in utero...Little Claire knows the perfect time to come! ;o) Your body is perfect and made to birth! Rest easy my friend...and a little lovin never hurt, haha!
See you soon!
xoxoxoxo

katieoz said...

well...I have an appt with my doctor tomorrow and we'll begin discussing options if I go post-term. she doesn't really allow going more than a couple weeks past...if that. I REALLY hope she comes while you guys are here! THAT WOULD ROCK! And the lovin is great...but so far, not doing anything ;) I need to get RIPE!

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

You could always get your membranes swept...But only 40 percent of moms deliver within 5 days on either side of their due dates. and about two-thirds deliver within 10 days. 60% of women have their babies after the due date! Sometimes I think that "due dates" create more anxiety than not! haha!
I hope you don't feel pressure to have Claire while here! It would be cool, true, but I would rather you just enjoy these last few days of pregnancy, relax, and relish in your body and the feeling of little claire, etc. She'll be here before you know it.

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

While we are here I mean ;o)

The last thing you need is to feel like everone is just sitting and waiting around for you to have a baby! haha! I don't think anyone could relax with that pressure. it's like someone sitting around and watching you while you are trying to go to the bathroom ;o)

katieoz said...

oh no worries at all. I don't feel any pressure. The only pressure I have is feeling that if she doesn't come in the next 10 days or so that they will really try to induce me. There are just lots of things that mill around my head regarding this birth and just trying to figure out what is going to work and be the right choice for us. Meanwhile, I am going to do just what you said and enjoy my last moments of being pregnant, feeling Claire kung-fu inside of me and hopefully also enjoy yours and Will's company at some point, even if Claire hasn't been born. It would just be icing on the proverbial cake if she were born while you were here!

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

Yay! Sounds amazing dahling. And I would totally have those same "induction fears" etc. So many choices to make!
Ahhh I can't wait to be preggo ;o)
All in due time, no pun intended
harhar.

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting