11.20.2008

No focus...

I don't really have anything specific to blog about but I just feel like blogging. Maybe it's because Chris is engrossed in a Detroit Red Wings game and Claire is in bed...and I'm just hanging out on the couch.

While on the couch I've been a little obsessed with these 2008 tax refund calculators. I know I shouldn't be fooling around with it because I might get my hopes up too high regarding a refund this year. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. But man...I really want to pay off debt! We've paid down several thousand on our credit card and have just a small stretch left until it's paid off! Unfortunately we have some medical bills to pay but we will be able to pay a reasonable monthly amount with 0% interest until it's paid off...so that's okay. And then we have a few thousand left on Chris car. It's really not that bad. I have pretty good credit too! My FICO just went up to 781! I think I am going to have a party for myself when it gets to 800....and it WILL! MARK MY WORDS! I wonder if I can get it to 850! That would be freaking awesome. Aaaannd...I am a dork! ha :)

Hmm....
OH! So Claire totally slept through the night last night. We did have a nightmare session trying to nap yesterday and I lost that battle. But last night we put her to bed...she cried for 20 minutes (gah!) and then slept for almost 6 hours, woke up but we let her just kinda hang out alone for a few minutes and she got herself back to sleep in about 10 minutes and slept for another 3.5 hours! It was great! I won't get my hopes up for tonight though. Whatever happens happens.
.....
Claire and I got to hang out at our mom's group - a really awesome group of women in North P-town, many of them go to Imago. It's kind of a drive from our suburban residence but soooo well worth it and totally a life saver. No real agenda...we just eat, drink coffee and talk a lot. It's seriously amazing. Claire usually ends up being so tired afterwards because there are so many fun people to meet and hang out with and so many other little ones running around and being crazy. I think it's pretty much been a life saver for me and I don't mind being one of the newbies to the group because everyone is really easy to talk to and hang out with.
.....

Other than the fact that I actually clipped coupons and organized them into categories (food, personal care, household/cleaning products, must use this week, etc) and rearranged our living room (while Claire slept) I don't have a whole lot to talk about. Wow, I am totally a stay at home mom now!

Well! That was fun! Okay...I'll add some pictures (and a video!) just for the fun of it.

(our smug, sassy little Calcifer)
(Claire's adorable crib-area...I wish I had snugged up the crib sheet)

(*sigh* she's so cute! Thank you, Amber & Cora, for the ADORABLE clothes!

(hanging out with her buddy, Alice the Mole)

(a video of Claire just gabbing away while in her swing)

0 comments:

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting