2.07.2009

Over a quarter of a century....

It was/is my 26th Birthday today and I feel like the Queen of the World. I have an amazing husband who let me sleep in, made me breakfast in bed and planned a wonderful evening with friends at a local Lebanese restaurant while the wonderful Grandma and Grandpa O were home babysitting our little angel girl.

And now I am eating dark chocolate. All is right with the world.
Though...I must comment that it is kind of a strange Birthday for me. I know this may seem a little morbid, but I can't help thinking about how my brother passed away at 26 years old (5 years ago, in exactly one month from today). Maybe it's because I realize just how young 26 really is and I can't believe his life was cut so short. We never know when we'll have our last Birthday. I don't ever want to be ashamed of how many years I have lived but proudly accept each year as a gift from God!

On a happier note, it's pretty awesome that this is my first Birthday as a MOM! Have I mentioned how FREAKING AWESOME Claire is? She really is what makes this Birthday the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

1 comments:

culinspiration said...

you guys are so cute. what an adorable baby.

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting