10.12.2009

I have a fan!

My internet life has been multi-faceted.  I shop online, met my husband online and have had many-a-blog out there on the interweb.  Over two years ago I started a wedding blog to help me organize my wedding info, record all my DIY activity and just really keep a constant visual aid regarding my vision for our wedding.  

This really was the beginning of my growing love for creating themes and planning parties.  Since I got pregnant almost instantly after getting married I didn't have too much time to plan anything like that.  Nevertheless, I'm back in the game now.  After Claire's birthday and Heidi's baby shower, I now get to help plan for my friend Karyn's baby shower.  I get a tingle just thinking about the possibilities :) 

However, planning my wedding was truly PAINSTAKING.  I had NO idea what I was doing. And everything I did do for the wedding was probably the longest most arduous way of doing things. In many ways it still feels so hard when I try to craft or plan or whatever because I really don't know what I'm doing and I've never thought of myself as artistic. But, the more I do this sort of thing the easier it gets.

"WHAT IS THE POINT!?", you ask! I randomly decided to visit my old wedding blog (click here!) to see if it was still up.  And it is!  I was shocked to see that over 8,000 people have viewed it and in the comments section found out that one other blogger  blogged about my wedding and that it was such an inspiration for her. Maybe it is rather insignificant but it just felt so great!  People keep telling me that I need to do this party-planning thing for a living.  I dunno about that; in my book group we talked about how sometimes doing what you love for your "job" can actually distort the thing you love because it's now something you do for money/a living.  But I do know that I at least want to do it for fun and if anything as a way to show people I love them.  I am, by no means, a pro especially in this day and age where there are so many amazing event planners/crafters etc.  I'm not even a tiny fish in this sea....smaller than the tiniest.  But...I do love it.  More and more.  It excites me and it's fun when ideas turn into reality and a reality that is pretty and wonderful!  And even better when you can actually inspire someone else!

5 comments:

wendy said...

Oh Katie O, I want to go back in time and go to your wedding!! I was going to list out the things I think are awesome, but there's too much! How fun and perfect! I love your voice when you write- you have a sweet spirit that comes out effortlessly. I AM SO HAPPY that you treated yourself so well-- like a PRINCESS for your wedding day. We should all be so honoring to ourselves at that occasion <3 Thanks for sharing!

Jessi said...

GO FOR IT! That is my advice. You only live once (stupid cliche, but so true). You have a talent and an eye for decorating, that is for sure. A couple years ago I decided I was going to start a nonprofit. I had not idea what I was doing, most of the time. I just went for it and yes, had many headaches. But it was worth it to do something I was passionate about. I think you have the talent and passion to do whatever you put your mind to. Even if you start small, I would say go for it!

p.s. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! your wedding rocked!

katieoz said...

Thank you, Jessi & Wendy! I so appreciate all your encouragement and kind kind words!

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

that's awesome! You should totally do it for a living! I never lost my passion for spinning when I had my handspun business...I just had to look at it from a different angle. And it is SO gratifying to be making money from your creativity. :o)

kranberrys said...

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Let your creativity flow! 8,000 hits! AWESOME! and where might I ask is this wonderful blog that I have never seen!?

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting