10.22.2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

One of my favorite things about moving to Oregon is how BEAUTIFUL and how LONG Autumn is! In Missoula, Autumn comes and goes within a 2-week period. BAH-BLAM! GONE! But out here, it slowly and wonderfully unfolds. This is when the grass that grew brown and crunchy during the Summer time, plumps back up and shines a plush green! And the trees, 0h my lordy, the trees! Ironically, it's like a gradually blooming flower, this Oregon Fall. Nothing quite like it.










6 comments:

joewulf said...

Ah be still my heart! Thanks for this post Katie, I miss the NW so much, especially this time of year! beautiful pics!

Kate

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

I love your fall pics!! I've been really trying to enjoy fall and take it all in this year because this is gonna be my last fall here for awhile! Fall next year will tropical...I'm REALLY gonna miss the NW!!(and it will be my last Thanksgiving with an actual pumpkin pie (I'm informed in the phils they only "real" thanksgiving food you can find is turkey and you have to kill it yrself!) So, this year i am splurging on that eggnog milkshake and pumpkin pie!!! haha! ;o)

Jessi said...

Jealous!!!!

katieoz said...

Ah yes..Autumn in the PACNW is the best and to be envied :) You all just need to move out here!!! And you, Beth...well, you know the beauty. So, I am taking it that you got into the Midwifery program? I think we should probably have lunch or dinner soon. I need to catch up on your life, friend :)

Erin said...

Tears, tears, more tears, jealousy. Texas blows when it comes to Fall : \

Beth Butler said...

haha! Well, not officially (I apply when I get back from my trip. I leave in a month!), but I have a pretty strong feeling I will be accepted ;o) But I'm still holding it loosely. But!..I figured that I need to get into the mind frame of this being my last fall so if it is I will have really enjoyed it and appreciated it! Yes! I hear Screen Door calling our name ;o)

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting