1.09.2010

I Wish I Had a Good Title for This Post

About 8 years ago I got a job at Starbucks. I *loved* that job....mostly just loved making all the drinks, pulling a *perfect* shot (between 19-22 seconds) and interacting with all of the customers. I REALLY hated it when we had to try to sell things to people. For example, they tried incentive-based competitions for those of us who could sell the most espresso machines during the Holiday season...even better if you could sell the stainless steel! My boss told me I was the worst salesperson she'd ever had work for her. Thankfully, I was so sweet she couldn't help but love me anyway! I just had a hard time trying to convince people to buy something that wasn't their idea to buy in the first place. Maybe it's because I hate it when people try to do that to me. In fact, if people try to "sell" me anything it pretty much means I won't really buy it. Schmooziness is a real put off.

But here I am. Fresh from signing up to be a Scentsy consultant. Scentsy is basically an aromatic wax (like a candle) that is melted by the heat of a lightbulb, in a decorative, ceramic warmer; a wickless, flameles candle. They have grown from that original concept and also offer things like room sprays, car candles (aka car freshener) and travel tins. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I'm actually kind of terrified really. I've never done anything like this but I can't not sell it. I love it! If only I'd had this in high-school I could have saved my poor, fire-hazard conscious father a lot of anxiety.

What really pushed me over the edge was having friends over who would just see my Scentsy warmer and they would bring it up, wanting to know what it was and how they could get one. I kind of accidentally made Scentsy followers! *hee hee* And that's how it should be, I think. If people like it, they should buy it! If not, then no big deal! My husband loves Scentsy too. I wish I could get him to sell it!

But hey, if you DO want to buy it, buy it from me! hee hee :) I'm actually going to have my first open house sort of thing in a couple weeks (January 23). It's mostly going to be about eating food, having a glass of wine or (diet)coke and hanging out. I'll definitely show people what Scentsy is and what it has to offer but overall, I want to leave it up to people to be interested or not. If you'd for sure like to be on the list for the open house email me: landofozfam@gmail.com.

Also, here is my link to my Scentsy site: CLICK ME!

I'll probably post here and there about my Scentsy endeavors. Overall, I feel excited and optimistic about offering something I really think is a great product that people will enjoy!

0 comments:

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting