2.13.2010

Less than 6 months!

After Claire's 1st Birthday that I swore her next would be low key.  And the actual party will be low-key.  However, unlike last year we're actually going to give her a present for her 2nd Birthday.  If you know me, then you're familiar with how I obsess once I find something that I love or want to do.  That's kind of where I'm at with the idea for Claire's present.  So, here it is.  I want to re-purpose an old entertainment center by transforming it into a play kitchen!  It's the IN thing to do these days.  However, I feel a little trepidatious to even think about taking on a project like this because I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING!  But then there's part of me that says, "oh you can TOTALLY figure this out as you go!"  I think I'm to the point where I'm going to try it no matter what...even if it ends in failure.  

My inspiration for the project is this ADORABLE little kitchen some grandparents made for their granddaughters birthday...I found it on THIS BLOG.  

If anyone out there knows a thing or two about carpentry I would LOVE your help! I have no idea how to attach doors/hinges, also not sure how to craft that cute little microwave.  Any tips or advice or hands-on instruction would be so appreciated!  I probably won't start this project until we are hopefully settled into our new little home.  *Praying for a smooth closing!*  

BEFORE:

AFTER:


8 comments:

miranda said...

Oh my goodness... that is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Perfect for a little girl! What a great idea! I can't wait to see how cute you are going to do at this... I can even see your awesome Vintage touch just putting it over the TOP! Oh and what day is your closing? I will be praying for it all.

katieoz said...

Our closing is for March 26 or whenever the loan is secured...whichever comes first. I think we'll be closing before the 26th, hopefully. Still some things that need to get ironed out but having faith that we're where we are and God is always with us :) whether we close or not. No apparent reason why we wouldn't though, so that's good.

Betherann said...

Wow, you're not ambitious AT ALL. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm amazed that you're even going to try. I am a terrible crafter, but dream of becoming better. Do I tackle weird and random projects to achieve said dream, though? Of course not. So I'm very, very impressed that you're even going to TRY. And what's more, I bet you succeed.

What a cool idea! Good luck and big blessings on, well, everything. :)

Lisa said...

I LOVE THIS!! And I have no doubt that you can pull it off!! You are a crafty-creative-awesome mom!! :)

And... I might have to steal your idea... :)

katieoz said...

I am just going to soak up all this confidence you all have in me and tell myself it can be true! haha :)

Lisa, steal away! I stole it from someone else! Thank-you, Blogosphere!

kranberrys said...

Then come make one for my kids...do you think it's ok for a little boy too?

katieoz said...

of course it's okay for a little boy! train him now to do the dishes and cook and make him think it's fun and you'll make some girl out there VERY lucky someday! Not that they wouldn't be anyway ;) I wish someone had made my husband a play kitchen when he was younger. *tee hee*

Lisa said...

So.... I told Scott about this, showed him the blog and we're in the middle of "repurposing" an entertainment center we found this weekend on cragislist for $20! Evie's bday is Wed... we'll have it done by birthday cake time that night!

Yes - we're crazy. :)

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting