3.26.2010

Claire Loves to Say, "Close."

Claire loves the Little People dollhouse I found for her on Craigslist. More than playing with the momma, pappa or baby, she loves to open and close the front door of the house. And she loves to say, "Close," as she's closing it.

VIDEO: Claire playing with her dollhouse
We love the word close, too. But this is moreso in reference to CLOSING ON OUR HOUSE! *doing a little jig* That's right, people! It's done! Or has it just begun? Everything has been finalized and we are officially home-owners! *blink blink* It's been a very long and often vvveerryyyy frustrating journey, but we made it! Woohoo!

Now we have to make a HUGE list of everything we need to do before we move in...which will probably be the end of April or so. That also means a list of all the money we're going to have to spend. Fun. I have never spent this much money ever! We are so grateful for God's provision. I think back to when we first started looking at houses and we were in NO WAY ready for all the surprise expenses that come up. But somehow, the timing of everything with money and even vehicles has been DIVINE....LITERALLY! We are just so so thankful. There's a lot to do but thankfully we don't have to cram it in a short timespan. I think one of the things I'm most excited about (besides decorating) is getting to meet our neighbors....they're house neighbors..not apartment neighbors...it already feels so different. I think I'll make them cookies or muffins or something. Pray for us! It's going to be crazy.

3 comments:

kranberrys said...

She's already passing out your business card door to door ...LOL

CUTE!

Can't wait to see your new house!

~*Beth Butler*~ said...

Yay! I thought you were gonna say that you most looked forward to moving out of the suburban hell called Tualatin ;o) No more Jiggles!!

miranda said...

YAY! Congratulations on closing! It's such a big day! I cant' wait to see all of the fun things that you do to your house. I'm so happy and excited for you guys. I'll be praying for you in these next few months... it's long and busy and crazy!

My Kadence (who turns 5 tomorrow) has that same little doll house and had a very similar liking with the door. I think she was to rough on it because it needs put back on quite often.

Love you friend!

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting