3.07.2010

It's THAT Time!

Less than an hour and a half until the Academy Awards/Red Carpet! I love harkening back to the old days, years ago, when my friends and I would dress up and have fantastic Oscar parties. These are a couple pictures from my very last Academy Awards party, in 2005, before I moved to Portland. I wanted to do it up big so I got some fake skin, mottled my face, fancy black cape, dyed my hair black, etc! I really wanted to get a boombox with "The Phantom of the Opera" playing menacingly and have some crazy dry ice fog swirling around my cape. Ah...what could have been.

How amazing, right? Audrey Hepburn and Steve Martin hanging out with the Phantom.


Poor Oscar Pinata. Used a couple years in a row...more than his fare share of beatings. My friend Erin and her sister Jamie made this guy! Pure paper-mache genius!

So today, I'm not thowing a fabulous party or anything. But I do get to ATTEND one at my friend Jamie's. As far as I know, there's no crazy costumes but I have been working on a treat to bring. There should be about 18 of them...oh wait, make that 17 because Claire is about to eat one. I wish I'd had time to make something less boxed for the actual cupcake. It was all I could do to fight the perfectionist that sometimes rises within and not make another batch of cupcakes.

Yellow candy melties, edible gold shimmer dush, chocolate cupcake with ganache and a gold-foil liner.

Everyone is a winner!

Especially this little lady! :)

2 comments:

Betherann said...

Claire is such a cutie! But you already know that. :)

The first time I met Cody. S. was at a tiny Oscar party at Erin's. He was dressed as Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka. It was a little scary, but mostly AWESOME. I think that all new meetings should happen in costume.

Jessi said...

Love the cupcakes! That is so fun how you guys got so into it. I watch every year and my husband dreads what is now known as "oscar day" in which I watch 6 hours straight, starting with E (on the red carpet) and then the actual show. Glad I am not the only one who enjoys it!

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting