12.21.2012

We Now Come in a 4-Pack

I was hoping to avoid having a baby near Thanksgiving.  Ruby complied.  Over-complied, actually.  The baby child nestled her little self way up north and refused to come out.  After I passed the 41 weeks mark (i.e. 9 and a half months pregnant) I agreed to be induced.  

It was a gradual, uneventful birth for the most part! YAY! Much better than with Claire, indeed!  Ruby Eloise was born on December 2, 2012, at 7:58 p.m.  She came out screaming her head off and pooped all over me. It was glorious! I got to hold her right away and even cut her cord.  I also bawled my eyes out through the whole thing.  What a different experience from when Claire came out, blue, limp, and unresponsive for the first several seconds (seemingly an eternity). 

Right before I left for the hospital. Yes! I got my Christmas tree up! 


















 She's hiding some DIMPLES!


 Are they sisters or are they sisters!?





6 comments:

Jessi said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Katie Fleming said...

Yay, I kept checking to see when you would update. So glad to see Ruby is here and all is well. She is beautiful!

katieoz said...

Thanks ladies! She is pretty freaking awesome, I must say :)

lafalda said...

Ohhhhh so precious! I don't see Claire in her at ALL! (That wasn't sarcasm). She looks totally different to me. More like daddy, er, papa. : )))

katieoz said...

Jess she looks SO much like Claire when she was born! You cray cray! She even has the same cry.

w said...

So so sweet! Can't wait to meet her! So proud for you guys!

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting