9.23.2013

Smashing Through Milestones

The ton of bricks that has been suspended, waiting to hit me, crashed on top of me this morning.  Lately, I have been marveling at how much Claire has grown up.  But I didn't really know it. Until today. When.I.Put.Claire.On.The.Schoolbus.  

Now, it has hit me.  She is growing up. As in, not really needing me as much anymore. I mean, yes, she still needs me.  I am her mama and hopefully even when she's 40 she'll still need me.  But. Life is different now. On this day a rite of passage has occurred and I am just...sort of in shock.  I know, maybe it seems a little melodramatic.  But for heaven's sake! I PUT MY BABY ON A SCHOOLBUS! It IS dramatic! It IS huge! 

Quite honestly, it is pretty awesome too. No more rushing out of the house, stressed, trying to get everyone buckled in the car, baby crying, driving, parking, getting unbuckled, hoisting baby in to the school for Claire's drop off/pick-up time. Just a nice little stroll, two houses down, a kiss, a hug, a wave, and today, a few pictures. 

I am surrendering to this growing-up process, optimistically determined to be the best mom I can be to my budding little lady. And to enjoy watching her grow into a strong, confident, beautiful woman. So I guess instead of looking at it as her not needing me as much anymore, it's more that she is able to be her own little person all the more. 

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy some coffee, in my quiet house, while the youngest slumbers peacefully. Heaven. 


"I'm ready, mama!"
Waiting.
In the distance.
APPROACHING!
Getting ready to board!
And there she goes. 
Not even interested in looking back. 

0 comments:

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting